Sunday, March 9, 2008

How's about a little inspiration?

1980 Ms.Olympia - Rachel McLish
Last week I wrote about using "before" pictures to help motivate, but I'd also like to suggest a few other ways to keep you focused. Visualization -- picture how you want to look. Imagine how you will look in a certain outfit such as a bathing suit,a pair of jeans,or even a wedding dress. Keep this image in your head.

Inspiration can also come from other people. If you read any magazines, I'm sure you've seen women that make you say " I want to look like her." Take these pictures and put them in a strategic spot -- maybe by the treadmill, or even place one on the refrigerator.

I used this when I first started lifting weights. My inspiration was Rachel McLish. In case you don't know, Rachel McLish was the first female bodybuilder to win "the Olympia" ( It's the most prestigious title in bodybuilding) She WAS female bodybuilding until it somehow went haywire. Her picture still remains in my exercise room. She helped me push out at least one more rep many times.

This may sound like a silly idea, but who cares if it works for you.