Friday, February 29, 2008

Tracking Progress

"Hello, it's very nice meeting you. I look forward to being your partner on this fitness journey; now take off your clothes so I can take your picture."

Sounds a little bold, huh? When I first meet a person, they are usually a little nervous so I don't insist on taking before pictures, but I highly recommend it to anyone who is in the process of losing weight. Not only is it a great motivator, but it's an excellent way to track progress. Sometime, you may look in the mirror and think " I don't see a difference", but if you look at side by side photos, it might tell a different story. Personally, this helped me quite a bit because I was willing to do whatever I had to to change the way I looked in the before picture -- definitely my motivator.

Here's what you do; put on a bathing suit or some clothing that shows your body, and then have someone take a picture of the front, back and side every 2-3 weeks. (If you want, I'll take your picture)

If you are in need of motivation, give this a try.